Pages

Dream

of peculiar flowers/like sound of laughter/fluid in words you could spell/only after lettering down/libations on territories/virgin with mystic bites/of your footsteps/creating gardens/of hope beyond tales

Monday, April 29, 2013

Stank with Sweat





The brave face
I wear is never washed
It stinks with sweat
my mother’s and mine
She taught me how to put it on
to fit my wobbly bones
to be the face that you would know
My brave face
has a smile
it lasts for thirty seconds
and plays back after a minute
My brave face
belongs to my family
I owe it to them
and to my children
the ones I planned to have with you
But you think I do not feel
You should see my eyes buttoned on
my brave face
my brows frown like a powerless child
to remind you that
I am tough
I can show you my face now
how it’s stained with blood
And you would realize
my brave face is what you want to love

4 comments:

  1. "And you will realize
    My brave face is what you want to love"

    Favorite lines, 'thumbs up'...sometimes we just prefer the lies don't we? Easier to deal with most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thank you for reading and commenting as always. :)

    ReplyDelete