Pages

Dream

of peculiar flowers/like sound of laughter/fluid in words you could spell/only after lettering down/libations on territories/virgin with mystic bites/of your footsteps/creating gardens/of hope beyond tales

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Red Red Towels



There is an earthquake inside of me
every month,
it clots and drops through me
slowly distributing cramps
on the lower side of things.

Long ago I was an egg
now, I make eggs
and break them
with lost appetite

I used to be a girl
with legs that could part wide on any day
jump ropes , kick balls
and have nothing drop out
slowing, gently, making me crazy
counting the days, rolling blood in my palm...

There is an earthquake happening inside of me
and you want me to say hi?
Look, fetch me a towel and wait

11 comments:

  1. I remember my first period happened at church. I felt funny the entire morning only to go to church, visit the bathroom and see red. :D no, I didn't freak out. I knew exactly what it was and I was like "Well it's about time!" I had no idea it would have me coiled up in bed craving TLC!
    I hate hate hate the cramps and the crappy mood and the bloated face and the silly cravings. But I love my mom cos she has the best remedies too when I'm with her.

    "Look, fetch me a towel and wait" lol



    *little typo though.."Jump ropes"

    ReplyDelete
  2. They never tell us about "coiled up in bed", cramps, crappy mood and all the other sour part kraa.

    I have a little problem distinguishing between p and b and some other letters. Thanks for pointing out the typo. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's why i am the poster child for the IUD. Nana, this is beautiful.
    i miss you :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kuukua. Menso mafewo. Wait, how does an IUD help? Tell me, tell me!

      Delete
  4. @ewurabaseme & Nana: I thought the iud makes the bleeding worse times 10? at least that's one of the reasons why i had mine taken out last year- the pain & bleeding during my period was too much.

    @ Nana; why do I feel that you wrote this recently while feeling horrible during that time of the month :D? Ok so this is my first comment on your blog ever, I'm sure I've done well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and yes, ay3 ade papapa. A friend tells me her period feels better after taking out her IUD too. Well, maybe obiaa ne no levels.

      Delete
  5. Ok so is it a good or bad idea, the IUD?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmmm... please me d3r, I no do some before, so I can't advice ooo. You wanna try and tell us later? :)

      Delete
  6. Not that I know anything about this but the metaphor of an earthquake inside was compelling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. :) thanks Jerome. I wish I could say you missed out on something good. *jealous face*

      Delete